Become Medical Writer Certified (MWC™)
Set the standard in medical writing excellence
Bring your professional expertise to the forefront by becoming a member of the inaugural class of Medical Writer Certified (MWC™) credential holders. The first certification of its kind, the MWC™ demonstrates that you possess the foundation of knowledge required for medical writing across all disciplines.
By earning the credential of MWC™, you can
Give an employer or client increased confidence in your credibility and knowledge of medical writing
- Show your commitment to continued professional development in the field of medical writing
- Increase your marketability and opportunities for career advancement
You qualify for the exam when you meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in any field of study (see more)
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience or the equivalent (eg, 4 years of documented part-time work at 20 hours/week) within the past 5 years. Experience must be in a paid capacity in the field of medical writing
The application deadline for the September 30 exam is June 30.
Get started today.
You may need a few weeks to acquire the documentation you need to apply for the exam, so get started now.
- Read the Applicant and Candidate Handbook.
- Download the Application Form.
- Download the Letter of Reference Request Form.
- Pay the $150 application fee (AMWA members receive a $25 discount) in the AMWA Store.